POSITION TITLE: Tourism Destination Management Unit(DMU) Coordinator
CONTRACT DURATION: One (1) year
REPORTS TO: Chamber Director General
LOCATION: RUBAVU District, Western Province
- ABOUT PSF AND THE CHAMBER OF TOURISM:
The Private Sector Federation (PSF) is a professional organization, dedicated to promote and represent the interests of the Rwandan Business Community. It is the umbrella organization and voice of the private sector.
The Rwanda Chamber of Tourism is one of the 10 professional chambers that currently exist under the umbrella of the Private Sector Federation (PSF), which is dedicated to promoting and representing the interests of the Rwandan business community. It was established in December 1999, replacing the former Rwanda Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Following the establishment of the PSF, the Rwanda Chamber for Tourism was established in 2006, with a mandate of enhancing business opportunities through effective lobbying and advocacy for the tourism and hospitality industry in Rwanda.
- DESCRIPTION OF ASSIGNMENT
To start the process of establishing a Destination Management Unit for the Kivu Belt area, the GIZ Eco-Emploi program in partnership with the Private sector Federation through the Chamber of Tourism will recruit the Coordinator of the DMU to support the coordination, organisation and monitoring of the DMU.
The position is defined as DMU Coordinator answerable to the Chamber Director General and will include the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Network Management
- Identification, mapping and inclusion of tourism stakeholders along the tourism value chain (with particular focus on women, PwD and minority groups) Develop and regular update of a data base for tourism related stakeholders in the DMU Production of an atlas (hard copies and online) for the DMU attractions and infrastructure Knowledge of key players and creating close business relations with them Organization and coordination of regular DMU meetings and content –related preparation of meetings and workshops Information exchange with and between members of the DMU (weekly newsletter) Coordinate the Chamber’s activities related to the development and promotion of the DMU in order to achieve its objectives and targets;
- Formulate DMU action plans, monitor and evaluate their implementation;
- Advise the Zones’ Chairpersons along the corridor on how to empower and enhance representation of the Chamber in order to improve its efficiency;
- Collect, analyze and share information with members on national, regional and international level, as well as challenges and business opportunities etc;
- Promote CoT partnership with public and private institutions and agencies;
- Participate in meetings, workshops and other forums in relation to the promotion of the Chamber;
- Organisational (internal) development
1. Development (jointly with members) of common vison and mission statement for the Kivu belt area
2. Establishment and coordination of functioning DMU
3. Linking local (tour guide associations, etc.) and regional institution (chamber of tourism, RDB) together
4. Mobilize operators in the tourism industry in the DMA to abide by the tourism law
5. Support members of the Chamber of Tourism trough training and seminars on licensing processes
6. Represent the chamber in the DMU
7. Facilitate all activities related to the development of members;
8. Advise zones’ chairpersons on how to follow-up on members inquiries to be resolved;
iii. Product development
1. Definition of target groups, focal areas and products (CBT, water-based tourism etc.)
2. Testing of products (organisation of FAM trips, etc.)
3. Development of quality standards
5. Pricing strategies
6. Prepare project proposals for resource mobilization for products development
- EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION
1. Positioning of destination
2. PR (press releases, media cooperation, social media, flyer, brochures, apps, etc.)
3. Ensure that the area transmits a clear and common picture towards potential visitors
4. Liaise with Institutions which can help the Chamber to deliver tangible services to members and maintain a positive and beneficial relationship with them;
5. Ensure the Chamber and member association comply with regulations and legislation
- INTERNAL COMMUNICATION
Establishment of information exchange (DMU serves as platform)
Support local identification with tourism and strengthening a sense-of-unity
1. Decrease competitive thinking among stakeholders and increase willingness to cooperate and invest
2. Coordinate and supervise the dissemination of information to members;
Ensure that all management reports are ready and sent to on due time.
Perform other duties assigned by the Chamber Director General
III. QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Travel and Tourism Management, Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in business functions: administration, public relations, customer service in tourism, travel, hospitality or a related field.
- Strong communication skills and team work spirit
- Strong knowledge of tourism products along the Kivu Belt: Rubavu,Karongi, Rusizi such as the Congo Nile trail.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills and use of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, among others
- Fluency in both English and Kinyarwanda is compulsory. Knowledge of French will be an added value
- Knowledge of social media and other digital marketing (e.g. e-newsletters,targeted Facebook posts and Google analytics,etc.)
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Interested candidates are invited to apply for the above-mentioned position and submit complete applications (only hard copies) made of a CV, a motivation letter, notarized copies of diploma/degree, identity card and three persons of reference with their phone numbers to the following address not later than 29 November 2018 at 9:00 AM.
To the attention of:
Private Sector Federation
P.O. Box 319 Kigali
Location: GIKONDO Expo-grounds
Done at Kigali, on 11 November 2018
Chief Executive Officer