Rwanda Institute of Cooperatives, Entrepreneurship, and Microfinance (RICEM), Kigali, Rwanda
RICEM is a Technical and Vocational Institute for Cooperatives, Entrepreneurship, and Microfinance owned by National Cooperatives Confederation of Rwanda (NCCR) and (Association of Microfinance Institutions in Rwanda) AMIR. It was Established in June 2013 as a Project under MINICOM and on 13th September 2018, it was handed to RICEM Company Owned by NCCR and AMIR.
From its inception, RICEM has the Mission to Provide Capacity Building and other Business Advisory Services to Cooperatives, SMEs, MFIs, and other Financial Institutions through Training, Skills transfer, Consultancy, Research, and Technical Support.
RICEM is being Restructured and looking for a New Managing Director.
To be a Really Sustainable answer to Professionalization of those Three Pillars, RICEM would like to Recruit High Profile Candidates who Fulfill the Job Profiles below.
Essential Job Functions:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the MD manages the overall Strategic Planning and Budget of RICEM’s activities, liaises with Government and Donor Entities, Represents RICEM to the Government and the Public and oversees RICEM’s Staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of the Activities of RICEM’s three pillars: Cooperatives, Entrepreneurship, and Microfinance
- Regular evaluation of the Project progress through Established Monitoring and Evaluation Instruments
- Planning of RICEM’s Activities according to its Vision and Mission, Government and Donor requirements and in the alignment of the Activities with relevant National/Regional Development Strategies
- Regular reporting to the Board of RICEM
- Financial Management and Resource Mobilization, including Partner Management
- Management of RICEM’s Staff, including Recruitment, Performance Management and Capacity Development of Employees
- Good Knowledge of the Corporate / Public Sectors and its Stakeholder Landscape
- Advocacy for RICEM in relevant Sectors and Representing it towards Government and Private Sector Stakeholders in the Region
- Keeping up and Building Strong, reliable relations with relevant Entities engaged in Entrepreneurship, or the Cooperative and Microfinance Sector
- Other activities if relevant to the Successful Performance of RICEM
- Master’s Degree in any Development Economics or Business Management discipline
- At least 5 years of Previous Work Experience in a Similar Position, Preferably with Demonstrated Leadership Experience;
- Having a Teaching Experience in a High Education would be an Added Value
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English, and French is a must.
- Proven Management Skills, while Demonstrating Innovation, Creativity, and Leadership with a Vision and Dynamic Leadership Approach
- Previous Experience in Fundraising and Resource Mobilization
- Good Understanding of Business Environment in African countries
- Excellent Interpersonal and Relationship Building Skills; Very Good Communication, Presentation and Negotiation Skills
- Passion and Ownership for the Topics of RICEM
- Ability to use Considerable Judgement, initiative and Independence
- Ability to Maintain Confidentiality and Professionalism
How to apply:
Please Submit a Current Résumé, a Cover Letter Highlighting relevant Past Experience and why you are Interested in Working at RICEM, and relevant References and Certificates via email as PDF to
Subject: MD RICEM
Application Deadline: Friday, October 12th, 2018 at 12 pm.
Chairman of the Board -RICEM.